To complete a Media Release Form before a photo shoot (preferred), download the fillable PDF form.
- Open the release form in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat after it is downloaded.
- Choose Tools > Fill & Sign.
- To add your name and date, click on those fields and type the information.
- Click the "Sign" icon in the toolbar, then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.
If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, then move your signature to add it to the form. You can grab the corner of the box and drag to enlarge your signature to a readable size.
If you are signing for the first time, you will see the Signature or Initials panel. You will have three choices to create a signature:
- Type: Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.
- Draw: Draw your signature in the field.
- Image: Browse and select an image of your signature. See below for instructions on this choice.
Save Signature: When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.
Click Apply, and then click at the signature box to place the signature or initial.
- Save the file, then include it as an attachment in an email messes. Send the message to email@example.com with the subject "Media Release Form for [your name]".
If you want to use an image as your signature:
- Sign your name in black ink on a clean, blank sheet of white paper. Sign in the middle of the paper so you don't photograph or scan the edges.
- Photograph or scan your signature. If you are taking a picture of your signature, make sure that the page is lit and that no shadows fall across the signature.
- Transfer the photo or scan to your computer. Acrobat/Reader accpets JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, and BMP files. You do not need to crop the image. Acrobat/Reader imports just the signature if the photo or scan is fairly clean.