We provide the services of a photographer for location, studio, and tabletop photography to university clients according to established University Relations departmental goals and priorities.
- Clients needing university photography need to submit a request via the Photo Services Request form.
- Reasonable notice should be given for an assignment, and photographers will be assigned to clients as available.
- When a photographer is unavailable, clients may check out a digital camera after providing an ISR.
- Clients are charged for the cost of materials and travel and before an assignment takes place should provide an ISR after getting an estimate.
- Upon completion of a project, the photographer will edit the pictures and present the client with the best images from which to choose.
- All original images remain the property of University Relations and may become a part of the university's photo library.
- Photography does not provide photographic copy work, processing or lab work, passport photos, scans, or departmental student headshots.
Review the Photo Services Calendar to see what requests have been received and scheduled.
Stock university photographs
- More than 25,000 stock university images are available for online browsing.
- Departments may use large files to make enlargements suitable for framing for offices, lobbies, or conference rooms.
- University photography is available for public relations purposes only and may not be used by outside clients for commercial purposes.
- Quick Web photos can be found at Virginia Tech snapshots.
Virginia Tech photo books
Departments may order books of images featuring signature landmarks and events at Virginia Tech.
News and events photos